Choosing the Right Glove for Hand Protection
In order to choose the right chemical protective glove, it is necessary to first understand the chemical hazard. This can be achieved by studying the information (MSDS) supplied by the chemical manufacturer for contents and concentrations.
Choosing the correct hand protection is critical. One drop of a chemical on an improperly chosen glove can be fatal. Contact Us with any questions you may have!
- Be aware that “hand protection” could mean a glove produced by one of several methods and constructed of one of many natural or synthetic materials. “Rubber gloves” can vary greatly in their appropriateness for use in any particular situation.
- Determine the workers needs; the hazards they are exposed to and the task they perform. Involve the worker in the selection process.
- Consult with safety equipment suppliers and/or manufacturers for availability of a glove providing the protection you need. Compare permeation test results provided by manufacturers.
- Choose the most comfortable glove suitable for the situation. Be sure to have the correct sizes available. The worker is less likely to wear an uncomfortable glove.
- Consider multiple hazards; chemical exposure, abrasive surfaces, heat, extreme cold. A combination of gloves may be necessary for complete protection.